It is a simple and affordable procedure to form a private limited company in the United Kingdom, even if you are a non-UK resident. The application process and legal requirements are exactly the same for everyone, regardless of where they live.
You will have to register your company with Companies House in England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland. At least one director and one shareholder will be required. One person can be appointed to both of these positions, but you can also set up a company with many directors and shareholders.
A registered office address will be required. This will be your official company address. It has to be in the same UK jurisdiction where your new company is incorporated.
There are three different ways to incorporated a limited company in the UK:
- Online through a company formation agent.
- Online via Companies House Web Incorporation Service.
- By post using Companies House paper application.
The quickest and easiest way to form a company in the UK is to use a formation agent. Typically, applications are approved in just 3-6 working hours because everything is done online. There is no need to travel to the UK, nor do you have to speak to anyone on the telephone, post documents or sign any paperwork in person. You can upload and deliver documents electronically and create a unique online signature to authorise the registration.
What you need to know about UK companies
- They need to be registered under and governed by the Companies Act 2006.
- They must have a company name that is not the ‘same as’ or ‘too like’ to the name of an existing company.
- The registered office is the official address of a company. It will be placed on public record and used by Companies House and HMRC (and other government agencies) to deliver statutory mail and legal notices.
- Limited companies must adhere to strict filing and reporting requirements.
- They must be registered for with HMRC for corporation tax when they begin trading.
- Directors who are based overseas are legally required to fulfil the same duties and responsibilities as UK-based directors.
- Company details are displayed on public record, including information about all directors, shareholders, secretaries, and people with significant control (PSC).
- Each director, secretary, subscriber and PSC must provide a service address for Companies House. This address can be located anywhere in the world. It will be used for the delivery statutory mail.
Our package for a non-UK resident
Our Non-Residents Package has been designed to make the process of setting up a company as easy as possible for those living outside of the UK. It is available for just £124.99 plus VAT and provides the following:
- Ready-to-trade private limited company in 3 working hours
- London Registered Office Service
- London Service Address
- London Business Address
- Worldpay Merchant Accountant with flexible price plans
- Free access to our Online Admin Portal
- Digital and printed incorporation documents
- Courier delivery by DHL of your company document
- Preparation and filing of first annual confirmation statement (previously known as an annual return)
- VAT registration
- Free consultation with an accountant
- International business mail forwarding service
- Free scan and email of all official government mail, within one working day
- Free support for the life of your company
All clients will be automatically registered for our Online Admin Portal which will allow you to manage your company online at any time. You can view and update company details, report changes to Companies House, file and update your confirmation statement as often as required, maintain statutory records and download additional copies of your registration documents at any time.