Transfer of Shares Service£49.99 +VATBuy Now
Limited company shares can be transferred or sold just like any other form of property. We offer a professional service for our clients, who wish to transfer shares from one shareholder to another, including all compliance paperwork. We provide this service only to our customers who have formed their companies using our websites.
Please note: Details of share transfers will not be updated on the Companies House register until after the filing of the next confirmation statement (previously known as the annual return). Clients wishing to record share changes now, should file a confirmation statement. If share changes are required to open a business bank account, we always recommend filing a confirmation statement.
We can prepare a confirmation statement as part of this order – at an additional cost of £24.99 +VAT (including Companies House filing fee).
What is included in our price?
We will prepare the following documentation:
- J30 Stock Transfer Form: A stock transfer form must be completed to legally transfer ownership from the existing shareholder to a new shareholder. If shares are sold for more than £1,000, the new shareholder must send a copy of the transfer form to HMRC and pay the required Stamp Duty.
- Meeting Minutes: All registered companies are required by Companies Act 2006 s.248 to maintain minutes of all meetings of the directors and for these to be available for inspection by any director of that company. The directors should approve share transfers and issue minutes confirming the approval.
- Share Certificate(s): Companies are required to issue share certificates to shareholders within two months of an issue of shares, or the date when the documents necessary to effect a transfer have been received by the company.
How it works
- Click on the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- Enter the required details and complete the application form.
- Check out and pay.
- You will receive digital documents in 2-3 working days by email, including stock transfer form, meeting minutes and share certificate(s).
- The stock transfer form needs to be signed by the transferor and transferee, and filed with your company records.
- If instructed we will file a confirmation statement to record the share transfer(s).
Important points to note:
- *Updated Statutory Registers are not included.
- *If applicable, the stamp duty fee is not included.
- *Documents will be delivered by email. Printed documents are available for an additional fee.
- *Changes will not be visible on public record until a confirmation statement is filed at Companies House.
Click ‘Buy Now’ and complete the application form with details of the limited company shares you wish to issue.
Frequently asked questions
When will my documents will be ready?
Are there any restrictions on ordering our share transfer or share issuing services?
What information do I need to provide about a new shareholder?
- Full Name
- Service Address (This address will be displayed on the share certificate)
- The number of shares being transferred or issued.
- If the new shareholder is also a PSC (person with significant control), then we also need his or her residential address, date of birth and nationality.
What class of shares can be issued?
What is stamp duty?
Shares in excess of £1,000 incur a tax or duty of 0.5% on the transaction, which will be rounded up to the nearest £5.00. If you buy shares using a stock transfer form, you should send the form to HMRC for stamping, with stamp duty paid no later than 30 days after the date of the transfer.
What is a confirmation statement?
Why should I file a confirmation statement?
( 6148 reviews)
Rated 9.7 out of 10 by our customers
With a free business
From £4.49 +VAT