Transfer of Shares £49.99 +VATBuy Now
Limited company shares can be transferred or sold just like any other form of property. We offer a professional service for our clients who wish to transfer shares from one shareholder to another, including all compliance paperwork.
Please note: Details of share transfers will not be updated on the Companies House register until after the filing of the next confirmation statement (previously known as the annual return). Clients wishing to record share changes now, should file a confirmation statement. If share changes are required to open a business bank account, we always recommend filing a confirmation statement.
We can prepare a confirmation statement as part of this order, at a discounted rate of £24.99 +VAT (including Companies House filing fee).
What is included in our price?
We will prepare the following documentation:
- Stock Transfer Form: A stock transfer form must be completed to legally transfer ownership from the existing shareholder to a new shareholder. If shares are sold for more than £1,000, the new shareholder must send a copy of the transfer form to HMRC and pay the required Stamp Duty.
- Meeting Minutes: All registered companies are required by Companies Act 2006 s.248 to maintain minutes of all meetings of the directors and for these to be available for inspection by any director of that company. The directors should approve share transfers and issue minutes confirming the approval.
- Share Transfer Guidance - a guidance booklet is also included to help you execute the documentation correctly and to explain any additional procedures that might be required (such as how to send the Stock Transfer Form to HMRC for transfers with consideration greater than £1,000, as part of Stamp Duty payment).
How it works:
- Click on the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- Enter the required details and complete the application form.
- Check out and pay.
- You will receive digital documents in 2-3 working days by email, including stock transfer form, meeting minutes and share certificate(s).
- The stock transfer form needs to be signed by the transferor and transferee, and filed with your company records.
- If instructed we will file a confirmation statement to record the share transfer(s).
Important points to note:
- *Updated Statutory Registers are not included.
- *If applicable, the stamp duty fee is not included.
- *Documents will be delivered by email. Printed documents are available for an additional fee.
- *Changes will not be visible on public record until a confirmation statement is filed at Companies House.
Click ‘Buy Now’ and complete the application form with details of the limited company shares you wish to issue.
Frequently asked questions
When will my documents be ready?
Are there any restrictions on ordering our share transfer or share issuing services?
What information do I need to provide about a new shareholder?
- Full Name
- Service Address (This address will be displayed on the share certificate)
- The number of shares being transferred or issued
- If the new shareholder is also a PSC (person with significant control), then we also need his or her residential address, date of birth and nationality
What class of shares can be issued?
What is stamp duty?
Shares in excess of £1,000 incur a tax or duty of 0.5% on the transaction, which will be rounded up to the nearest £5.00. If you buy shares using a stock transfer form, you should send the form to HMRC for stamping, with stamp duty paid no later than 30 days after the date of the transfer. Your guidance booklet will explain what you need to do here.
What is a confirmation statement?
Why should I file a confirmation statement?
( 7,037 reviews)
Rated 4.9 out of 5 by our customers
With a free business
From £9.99 +VAT