Company Dissolution Service

No longer need your company? Close it today.

If you no longer need a limited company, you can close it by what is known as voluntary company dissolution. This will mean no further annual filings for your company will be required.

Rapid Formations provide a dissolution service and all you need to do is electronically sign the application to dissolve your company.

How it works:

  • Select ‘Buy Now,' enter the required details and proceed to checkout
  • You will receive your Board Resolution by email within 3 to 5 working hours - simply sign and store it for safekeeping
  • The director(s) will receive an invitation by email to electronically sign the dissolution application - simply sign and submit
  • We will file the documents at Companies House
  • We will inform you by email when the application to dissolve has been accepted
  • Companies House will inform you by letter to your registered office when the company is dissolved

What do I need to do?

Simply purchase the product and electronically sign the application to dissolve your company. We will do the rest.

Dissolve your company


Select Buy Now and complete the application form with details of the company you wish to close.

Business Telephone
Answering Service

Concentrate on your business,
while we take care of your calls.

Full Company
Secretary Service

A professional company secretary
to take care of your business.

Frequently asked questions

Why close my company?

  • Save money and time on filing of annual accounts and confirmation statements
  • Avoid the risk of fines and prosecutions for late filings
  • Avoid having an involuntary dissolution on your public record as a director, protecting your reputation as a director
  • All the work is done by us. All you need to do is electronically sign the application to dissolve your company
  • We will use our best endeavours to iron out all problems and obstacles

Is there anything else to pay?

No. The cost of this service includes the Companies House filing fee.

How long does it take to dissolve a company?

It usually takes Companies House 2 to 3 months to close a company.

Under what circumstances can a company not apply for voluntary dissolution?

A company cannot apply for voluntary strike off under the following circumstances:

  • It has traded or sold stock in the last 3 months
  • It has changed its name in the last 3 months
  • It is the subject of legal proceedings against it
  • It is in, or is about to enter liquidation
  • It has entered into a creditors agreement (e.g. CVA)

My Registered Office and Service Addresses are about to expire - do I need to renew these first?

Customers who are using our Registered Office and Service Address do not need to renew their services if they are about to expire or have just expired. We will continue forwarding all statutory mail throughout the dissolution process.

What happens once the DS01 form has been submitted to Companies House?

We will notify you by email once your application has been accepted by Companies House. You will then be informed by Companies House in writing, once the company is dissolved.

Should I close my company’s business bank account?

Yes, you should close your company’s bank account before you apply. From the date a company is dissolved, its bank account will be frozen and any money in the account, together with any assets still in the company's name, will pass to the Crown.

This service is quick, professional and someone was there to assist me every step of the way. I would recommend Rapid Formations to anyone.

Alexandre Die

Rapid Formations Customer

star icon(9,624 reviews)
Trustpilot logo

Rated 4.9 out of 5.0 by our customers

Dissolve your company

No longer need your company? Close it today from £49.99 +VAT

Get Started