Change of Company Name £49.99 +VATBuy Now
You can change the name of your limited company at any time after incorporation. Rapid Formations provides a professional service to change your company name on your behalf. This can usually be done within 3 to 6 working hours, subject to Companies House workload.
We will prepare and file the NM01 form at Companies House, and also provide all related documents such as a resolution, minutes and certificate of name change.
What is included in our price?
- Companies House fee of £8.00.
- Completion and filing of the NM01 form, which is used to notify Companies House of a change of name.
- Minutes – The directors should pass minutes to change company name and file the Minutes in their company records.
- Resolution – Existing shareholders must agree to change the name of the company by signing a special resolution.
- Digital Certificate of Name Change.
How it works
- Click on the ‘Order’ icon.
- Enter the required details and proceed to checkout.
- We will file the request for a company name change electronically, and the name change should be approved within 3 to 6 working hours – dependent on Companies House workload.
- You will then receive a digital certificate of name change, minutes and resolution by email within 2 to 3 working days.
Click ‘Order’ and complete the application form with details of the company name you wish to change.
Frequently asked questions
How long will it take to change my company name?
Will my company registration number change if I change my company name?
How do I correct a spelling mistake in my company name?
Can I change the ‘Limited’ part of my company name to ‘plc’ using the name change service?
I want to use a sensitive word in my new company name, what do I need to provide?
You will need to provide supporting evidence or a letter of non-objection from the relevant authority to support your application. Please forward this documentation to us by email at your earliest convenience.
Will I receive a new certificate of incorporation and company documents?
No. Your original certificate of incorporation will remain intact and will be supplemented with a certificate of company name change. The memorandum will not change, as this lists the subscribers to the company on the day it was formed.
Rated 9.7 out of 10 by our customers
With a free business
From £9.99 +VAT