Entrepreneur Scholarship Programme
Rapid Formations provides professional and affordable UK company formation services to scores of budding and established business owners from across the globe. Our expert knowledge has enabled us to deliver relevant products and consistently high-quality customer service in this increasingly competitive market - so much so that we are now the #1 rated company formation specialists in the UK.
But we want to do even more. That's why we decided to launch the Entrepreneur Scholarship Programme to support up-and-coming business leaders with their entrepreneurial endeavours. With an all-time record high of 5.4 million private sector businesses in the UK at the start of 2015, 99% of which were small to medium sized, we recognise the importance of encouraging and facilitating business innovation and creativity.
Now in its second year, our Entrepreneur Scholarship Programme is open to all individuals who are currently undertaking undergraduate or postgraduate study at an officially-recognised higher learning institution in the UK or the US. The aim of the award is to assist with the financial costs of study, through which the acquisition and development of skills will potentially culminate in a successful enterprise.
Calling all UK & US students
In 2015, our company formation experts received hundreds of incredible scholarship applications from some of the UK’s best and brightest students. We were proud to have helped fund the studies of the UK’s most promising up-and-coming entrepreneurs. But this year, we’ve decided to do things a little differently.
For our second annual scholarship programme, we are now accepting entries from UK and also US students currently enrolled in full-time or part-time study at an accredited college or university. Why? Not only is the US our #1 overseas market, but the nation also plays home to some of the globe’s most inspiring and enterprising students. We’re keen to see what they’ve got to offer – and so we’re encouraging any and all American higher education students to join our UK students, and apply for this year’s programme.
Value of the award
Up to 20 scholarships of £500 ($750) will be awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who can clearly demonstrate academic excellence and/or entrepreneurial potential. The funding may be used for any purpose related to the advancement of study.
Our application process is remarkably straightforward, but we do expect you to make a good case, nonetheless. In order to be considered, please provide for us with:
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from your university or college.
- An 800-word essay discussing the way in which our scholarship could help you work toward or develop your entrepreneurial idea. (There is no set format for this essay: we simply ask that you explain why you feel you’re deserving of the scholarship, and how you would make use of the additional funding.)
Your application will be carefully considered and assessed on the following principles:
- Academic eligibility
- Ability to demonstrate an unequivocal entrepreneurial passion
- Potential benefits of additional financial support
- All applicants must have secured a place on an undergraduate or postgraduate programme, whether full-time or part-time, at a recognised higher learning institution in the UK or the US.
- Demonstrable entrepreneurial attitude and leadership skills.
- Clear evidence of the need for additional financial support.
To find out if your learning institution is accredited in the UK, click here.
To find out if your learning institution is accredited in the US, click here.
Applications for the 2017-2018 scholarship must be submitted before 25th August 2017.
Award date of scholarships
The scholarships will be announced and awarded to successful applicants by 29th September 2017.
Find out about the scholarship winners for 2015-2016 who wowed us with their entrepreneurial ambition and vision.